Monday, October 11, 2010

Multiple Learning Styles

I was curious about my learning styles after our last class so I clicked on the link in Moodle to take the short quiz related to finding out which styles best suit you.

I was really surprised to discover I tied for first place in two areas. They were interpersonal and intrapersonal... which actually are opposite styles. I could see however after reading about them that I do in fact like using both styles at different times and I don't think I ever highly favor one over the other. My second place was the obvious choice for an English enthusiast... verbal-linguistic, which I expected as my top score actually.

You should take the quiz for yourself here and let me know if you too were surprised or not.

Our future students will also have many surprising combinations of learning styles. I think older students could benefit from figuring those out through class activities and reflecting on how projects and lessons can be adapted or enhanced to provide them with more learning opportunities.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting. I will have to take that quiz too. Why do you think those two styles were both above the verbal-linguistic? I wonder if maybe you have changed as the web has become more a part of all of our lives.

    (Sorry about the deletion above.) I just wanted to add that I really like your poem about Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i took the quiz too. interesting. while my highest one was logical-mathematical....no surprise there. my next two highest, with only about 6% difference between them were also interpersonal and intrapersonal. thats an interesting idea that perhaps these are above verbal-linguistic because of changes in how we use the web.

    ReplyDelete